Hunt Library provides 24 study rooms (21 suited for individuals, 3 appropriate for groups) on the second and third floors of the library. The following rules govern the use of these rooms.
- Study rooms are available consistent with library hours. Study room users should prepare to exit study rooms and the library 15 minutes prior to the closing time of the library.
- Users are responsible for personal property at all times and should never leave items unattended. Hunt Library is not liable for theft or damage to personal property
- No food or drinks are permitted in the study rooms. Please enjoy your snacks and/or beverages on the First Floor in the Jazzman’s lounge area.
- Users must maintain a respectful noise level. Study rooms are not sound proof and loud talking/music disturbs other library users. Please be mindful of your fellow Wildcats.
- Users of the study rooms are responsible for leaving the rooms in a neat and orderly condition. This includes pushing in chairs and disposing of any waste in the proper receptacles. Failure to do so may result in the denial of future requests to use a study room.
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A valid FVSU ID must be presented to check out a room key.
- Users may occupy study rooms for a maximum of 3 hours during peak-use times. Users who do not observe the time limits may be subject to library fines.
- Vandalism to study room furniture, walls and other library areas is a serious breach of the FVSU Student Code of Conduct and is considered destruction of university property. According to the FVSU Student Handbook, vandals may be subject to suspension, a fine of $1000, probation, or community service and restitution